2008年8月26日星期二

A little surprise from afar


When I got back home tonight, I found a box sitting on the table. It is the 3 books I bought from Amazon! I wrote in my previous post that I bought 3 books about software development. I want to study more on the subject to help me better equip and thus do a better job. I bought them on 15/8 and the expected arrival date is 20/9. That is why I was surprised to find them arrived today - after 7 working days! I believe it has something to do with the efficiency of Hong Kong Post Office.


The three books I bought are The Pragmatic Programmer, Rapid Development, and The mythical Man-Month. I wanted to buy Code Complete 2nd edition. However, I have the first edition already. Even though the 2nd edition contains more up-to-date information, I decided to stick to the old one.

I bought these 3 books based on the review in Amazon. Looks like there will be some overlap between the first 2 books. In any case, I will try to study the first book at home at least once per week. That would means I will spend even less time on the web, including writing blog. We'll see how much it will help after a few months.

1 則留言:

匿名 說...

good planning, but don't forget your family.

dad