2008年8月8日星期五

Life is not RPG

I have been playing Final Fantasy IV recently. For those of you who don't know, it is a famous RPG (role-playing game) in NDS. Good RPG is highly addictive because there is an attractive storyline, and you can see the growth of the characters you are using in the story. Like in this game, through winning battles against different monster, the experience, equipment, HP, MP, ability, etc. grow. Moreover, there will be companions joining and leaving your party in the story. All these are preset in the game. You just need to focus on fighting and finding treasures.

What's more, there are various guides in the web on how to play the game, when you should be cautious. All these help player to navigate with ease. You don't need to worry about what you will face next. Everything is listed in the guides.

On the other hand, I stopped reading Too busy not to pray. I have reached chapter 5, which suggests reader to find a place and time that we can prayer persistently. So, I stop and check when and where I should start. I am still searching. It requires adjustment in my life, and I am not sure what exactly should be done.

Life is like RPG. By going through different tests and trials, we grow and get stronger. And hopefully, before the game is over, we reach the destination. But life is not RPG. The path is not static (at least not the same for all of us.) And there is no guide out there that you can simply follow and win/grow. Also, game is meant for fun. But life is about fulfillment. The process may be anything but fun. Just like the struggle I have on adjusting my life for a prayer time. At least, it would mean spending less time playing the game.

Hopefully, I am determined enough to polish my prayer life and grow in terms of my spiritual HP and MP (OK, I am not a character in RPG)

沒有留言: