2009年8月8日星期六

What Twitter is to me

To me, Twitter is:

1. My microblog. I can jot down my daily routine, my feeling or thinking in brief, and share it with other people. unlike instant messenger, no specific audience is needed. And unlike blog, I don't have to set subject or tag.

2. Communication channel with my parents. I think this is quite special. Both my dad and mom opened Twitter account after I told them I did. Of course, they follow me. So, even I no longer live with them, they can "monitor " closely how my life is.

3. Window to the outside world. I have never been an outreaching person. The situation get worst after having Daniel and Esther. My life is now mostly about work and child caring. Hence, by reading other tweeters sharing their lives and their thoughts, Twitter becomes my gateway to know the outside world. In fact, it probably shows a more diversify world than I can ever experience myself.

4. News and feed reader. This was the main reason I started using Twitter. I read from other's blog that twitter can be treated as feed reader. So, I started with following bloggers that I have subscribed as well as some news tweeters, e.g. MacObserver. Now, twitter is more like a "push" news source to me, especially when I don't have time to read newspaper or magazine.

5. Adviser. Every one of us knows something better than others. So, by joining people together, we can get valuable advices on different areas. I've got some good advices from other tweeters on various issues.

When I first started playing with Twitter, I had no idea what all the buzz was about. Now, I am glad that I gave it a second chance. I believe I will have a hard time if it goes down, just like 2 days ago (due to DDoS attack.)

沒有留言: